Monday, September 6, 2010

Where to Jesus?

Do we ever know where we are? Do we know where we are going? Are we walking with the Holy Spirit, banking on Him leading us through this life; guiding our every step, down to every breath, knowing that every inhale and exhale is possible only in and through the Lord? Is the very DNA of our day filled with Jesus? Or is he just a priority on a list that we have? Being number 1, and sometimes not even making the top 2. Where to next then, what does that look like; that's certainly what I would ask. It's simple, really! One word that can redefine our lives, in Jesus!

RELATIONSHIP

I am talking about a relationship, a unhindered love, with Jesus. He doesn't ask for us to complete a list of items, or say that until we follow these principles, He will love us. He ask that we draw near to Him, to love Him with all our hearts, minds, and souls. Until we enter into a committed relationship, when our hearts are broken, humbled, vulnerable, and laid down at his feet, we can never know what relationship with Jesus is. We will never understand what God has promised us. All that I am, and you are is a broken person, desperate for love. What better way to fulfill that than with a Jesus who has an unending love for His children.

Yesterday in a worship service, Beautiful Things by Michael Gungor was played. I really focused on what the words were saying, and it hit me hard. We are all but dust. But God makes beautiful things out of us?!?!?! What?! I am nothing, God doesn't need me, but yet He put a specific calling on my life. How awesome is that! I am so humbled that God made me, intricate and beautiful in His sight, and has a specific path for my life. That I may bring Him glory day in and day out.

Holy Spirit, I ask for an anointing and covering on my brothers and sisters. That your presence would be all consuming. That our hearts would be filled with your love and joy, overflowing into our lives, affecting everyone in our life. May it not be about me, but the light shine forth through me. My life is forfeit in You. Take my life Jesus, reconcile it in Yours, and the Kingdom come to earth. Speaking life, giving grace and mercy, showing love and glory. Praise and honor the King.

Phrase of the week: Just Jesus, nothing else!


Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment