Sunday, September 26, 2010

(Insert whatever title you want)

My eyes were opened to faithfulness today. But it came from a situation which, i never though of, or even crossed my mind. My faithfulness to the rowing team. I show up for practice Monday-Friday and race on Saturday. I show up on time, and work out outside of. I make sure my teammates are taken care of and where they need to be. They are depending on me everyday to do my job, so they can do theirs. We do life together, we offer each other what is needed to meet a goal. Someone mentioned that there is a faithfulness involved with this decision to be on crew. And I thought, do I have that sort of commitment and dedication to Jesus. It really made me question, which isn't so good. But it so put things into perspective for me. 

Jesus is jealous for our hearts, our lives, our loves, our needs and wants. He wants to be the center of your life. When I choose to neglect Him, what does He do? Well He sits at the right hand of our Father and intercedes on our behalf. Let me say that again, Jesus is interceding on our behalf, for you, continually! What?!

Holy Spirit wreck our lives and ravage our hearts! Because that's what He did to me today. Through another perspective of someone who knows nothing about rowing, He spoke to me, revealing what it does look like to be faithful. He wants us to be in a committed relationship with Him. He doesn't want our one hour of quiet time, and one hour of prayer. That's not enough. He wants those, but more, well.....ALL OF IT! No matter what He says to me, it's been hesitation on my part, because being vulnerable before Him is intimidating, meaning that I must rely on Him to bring me through the joys and the sorrows. He has asked and revealed some things in my life that mean hardship and uncomfortable situations. Draw near to Me, and I will draw near to you. Hmmm....so why is there worry? Our Father wants to draw near to us, and draw us into His arms. He knit us, He brought us from dust into beautiful things. I can't run, you can't run. We must determine within our hearts that Jesus and His heart are to be what we pursue. He didn't come to bring peace and good feelings. He came to the earth to bring the sword and division. Matthew 10:34, Luke 12:51  Jesus came to change our hearts, to baptize us in the Holy Spirit, that we might take the gospel into the world, the Truth that creates division and strife in mens hearts, because the world and the Kingdom are opposite. We can not have our foot in both. Either hot or cold, not lukewarm. Jesus desires excellence in our lives. He does not represent mediocrity, or less than average. He is THE jealous, loving, and all encompassing God that brings life and love, in a dark and hopeless world. 

Holy Spirit speak into our hearts. Bring a peace that allows for Your heart to work through ours to accomplish Your desires. May your presence be all that we need. May we be the ones to do the dirty work. To be pioneers. To pay the asking price of our willingness and commitment to Your heart and mind.

1 comment: