Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In Pursuit

This week, I have been somewhat lost for what to write. Jesus has hijacked my life, leaving no room for anything else. I have no choice but to follow His leading, yet I find myself still following my own wants and desires. Making my list of things more important than incorporating Jesus into the DNA of all I am. Yet, He still pursues me! Let me say that again, rephrased to get it across. We chase our hopes, dreams, and desires. Fleshly or otherwise, we choose what we want, when we want it. We find Jesus when we need Him, or when it's easiest for us. We all do it. Yet, our Papa is chasing after us. He is pursuing my heart, and everything that I am. Because He is seeing a totally different person. He is the bride groom; while we, as the Church, are the bride. He is the one to pursue in the relationship, relentlessly loving us, finding us, letting us know who He is. And we miss it! We ignore it! We overlook it! Why?!?!?! Every time I turn to my own desires, He shows up a little bigger. Letting me know who is who in this vertical relationship. He desires me, He desires YOU! 

"Walk with me and work with me -- watch how I do it. Learn unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11:29-30 The Message

Whoa! That was dropped on me today. So I pass it on, letting you know, Jesus is waiting for you. He is at this moment, interceding on your behalf. Praying for the Spirit to fill your entire being, speaking and guiding your heart. Baptizing you in the Holy Spirit, that truth may permeate this earth. That the Kingdom will be undeniable throughout the land. That we will be of like mind, pursuing Jesus in honor and glory.

Open your eyes, your ears, and your hearts children. He IS speaking and moving. Shifting hearts, minds, and lives. Bringing the unknown and the uncomfortable closer to us. Allowing us to feel His heartbeat, that we may adopt it as our own. The Spirit stirs our inner beings to the core.Let us sit still, and listen for His words. Let there be no other distraction, but the voice of our Father, calling to us. Come my children, rejoice in the life that has been give to us freely. Let us speak words of Jesus into those around us. Let the uncomfortable become the normal. May Jesus surge through our beings, truth and love being spoken into those around us. This is the great commission. To share the Truth, to spread His word, to permeate a dark and beaten down world. Disciples multiplying, being baptized in our Fathers name. Holy Spirit consume our hearts, take our lives as Yours. 

Blessings  

1 comment: