Saturday, December 25, 2010

(quiet)

Be still and know that I am God. What do I know of being still? Of being quiet? Of being in solitude with Jesus, and my Abba Father? I can tell you, very little. My life consists of reading some scripture, when I feel like it. Praying, when I 'think' about it, asking God for things. But I never stop, sit down, and listen. Allowing Jesus to impress his thoughts, prayers, concerns, commissions, and love upon my heart. My thoughts race, from one thing to the next, barely allowing for listening or feeling Holy Spirit do his thing. As I sit here and write, I have music playing. There is no silence in my day that is focused and devoted to my Father. The other day, I did sit down, and listen. Leaving my heart open, exposed, and devoted to nothing. My mind focused on what Holy Spirit was revealing. It was refreshing and fulfilling. I sat for about 10 minutes, but Jesus moved in that. I need Jesus, desperately! So to sum this quick thought up.......

Be still
Be quiet
Listen and discern
For God speaks
Ask for Him to move
Allow Him to move

Father move and shake my heart
Impress your fire on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment